Sunday, April 5, 2009

Harry's 8km Hilly, Chilly and Windy Spring Run Off

What was I thinking!!! I was told that this was a beautiful run through High Park in Toronto. I had to agree, High Park is beautiful, but the run itself was brutal!! I have to say however, that conquering this little run was a feeling of empowerment as I was still able to walk and finished the race in well under an hour.
I woke today waiting for the stiffness and the pain to start from the hilly race. You know what, I feel great!!

I am looking forward to many more upcoming races this year: Sporting Life's 10K on May 3, which Gerald is joining me with some friends of ours. This will be Gerald's first race. Ambitious of him. And brave. Nonetheless I am looking forward to running with him. (and having a few good chuckles along the way!)