Sunday, June 14, 2009

Enough with the weeding!!

This was the first weekend that we had absolutely no prior plans and had beautiful perfect weather. We took advantage!!!

It's been quite a cool spring this year, so we haven't really gotten a chance to plant any annuals in the garden. After weeks of pulling weeds, I finally decided to move towards a hassle free garden. I painstakingly put landscaping fabric down around each plant and laid cedar chips around. We planted a few annuals an added a hydrangea and now finally - our pond garden is complete.





The kids have also started from seed some of their own flowers - Kate started a sunflower and Emma started some Cosmo's. Emma visited a farm and started a strawberry bush, so we also planted that.

I took them to the nursery and they picked out a few more things for their garden. I ran out of cedar chips, so I will be back to the store tomorrow for one more bag. The are very proud of their own little garden, and so am I!


See in the distance - that hot tub is going to be occupied tonight - I am so sore for the bending and lifting - I am going to need a little hot water therapy!

No comments: